My Plans for August
Sadly, my plans for August don't include Drupalcon Szeged. Already too much travel this summer, and the dates conflict with a training my partner is doing, so that would be hard on our 4yo.
Back in June, I made a list of personal project plans, so I figure I'll revise that list for the rest of the summer.
First, the status report on the projects from June:
- I finished writing Drupal Multimedia! And we're about half way through the editing process. The book is scheduled to be published in September, and can be pre-ordered now.
- The Embedded Media Field port to Drupal 6 is still in process. It's ready for testing on new installations now, but I still need to write an upgrade path from Drupal 5.
- Morbus Iff and I have made strides with the engine for 5 Second Game. The module allows character creation and the combat engine is nearly ready for play.
- Except for some experimentation with audio metadata, I ended up not really working on GetID3. I'll probably end up waiting till the fall to work on this, unless I get new inspiration.
- I haven't written any tutorials yet, but hope to do that regularly once the book has been published and I have more free time available.
New projects of mine in progress and on the horizon:
- Media Player, which I've already blogged about a couple of times. This is an exciting project. Once it's mature, I plan to hook it into jQuery Media and Embedded Media Field for optional support as a start, and write patches for other media modules.
- I want to tie YouTube API into Embedded Media Field.
- More Drupal 6 upgrades, including Views Slideshow and a couple of other modules that need attention.
- Jump more into Drupal 7 development, especially for media handling, such as with the hook_file patch.
- Presenting at DrupalCamp NYC 5!
That's all for now.